Blue Phantom vessels and nerve replacement tissue insert is intended for use with our femoral vascular access (BPF-1410) or femoral regional anesthesia nerve block lower torso ultrasound training models (BPF-1400). Utilizing Blue Phantom’s proven realistic and ultra-durable self-healing tissue technology, users are able to cannulate the femoral vessels with needles and catheters >1000 times without replacing the tissue (recommended needle and catheter size: 18 – 21 gauge needles and 7Fr triple lumen catheters) as well as perform guided regional anesthesia procedures while targeting the femoral nerve. For added training options, users can choose to add a deep vein thrombosis (DVT) to the femoral vein. Our patented tissue is extremely realistic – both imaging and feeling like real human tissue. Our tissue is extremely durable offering you the most realistic training environment available anywhere at a low cost of ownership.
Blue Phantom = Quality. Extremely realistic and self-healing
Blue Phantom femoral vascular access and regional anesthesia lower torso ultrasound training model allows users to develop and practice the skills necessary to gain proficiency in using ultrasound to guide needle and catheter insertions in the femoral artery, vein and nerve. Our training mannequin is excellent for clinicians teaching the psychomotor skills required for ultrasound guided procedures. With Blue Phantom’s femoral vascular access lower torso ultrasound training model and your own ultrasound system, users have the opportunity to perfect their ultrasound imaging skills including - ultrasound system controls, transducer positioning and movement, recognition of arterial and venous anatomy, using ultrasound to target the appropriate vessels for cannulation, performing a central line placements, as well as ultrasound guided regional anesthesia procedures. This ultrasound model is excellent for specialties including anesthesiology (anaesthesiology), emergency medicine, cardiology, critical care medicine, radiology, surgery, surgical training programs, ultrasound training programs, simulation centers, surgical skills centers, medical education facilities, and ultrasound manufacturers for ultrasound education and demonstrations.
Use your own ultrasound system for vascular access and regional anesthesia training.
The femoral replacement tissue insert offers anatomically correct vascular anatomy of the lower torso including the femoral vein, artery and femoral nerve. The femoral vessels accommodate full threading of guidewires and catheters. Positive fluid flow in the vessels provides users with immediate feedback when vessels are accessed. The simulated blood fluids in the arterial vessels differ in color from the venous system allowing users to easily differentiate between successful and unsuccessful venous access procedures. Users are able to inject fluid around the femoral nerve in order to simulate a femoral nerve block and verify needle tip position. Injected fluids are automatically expelled allowing for repeated use. This medical simulation trainer will perform well using any ultrasound imaging system configured with the appropriate transducer (recommended ultrasound transducer; high frequency linear array ultrasound probe 5.0 – 12 MHz).
Choosing the correct replacement tissue:
The femoral replacement inserts are available in three pump configurations– no pump, hand pump, automated pump. The pump configuration simulates arterial pulsation in your lower torso femoral ultrasound training model. In selecting your replacement tissue, please choose the same configuration as your current model to ensure your replacement insert configures correctly with your existing lower torso trainer.
- Realistic and ultra-durable femoral vascular access ultrasound training model excellent for training clinicians in the psychomotor skills associated with ultrasound guided procedures
- Replacement insert tissue for femoral vascular access (BPF-1410) or femoral regional anesthesia nerve block lower torso ultrasound training models (BPF-1400)
- Excellent for vascular access and regional anesthesia procedures
- Simulated tissue is extremely realistic in ultrasound imaging characteristics and feels like real human tissue
- Ultra-durable self-healing tissue will withstand tremendous use – saving you money on replacement parts
- Cannulate the femoral vessels with needles and catheters >1000 times without replacing the tissue (recommended needle and catheter size: 18 – 21 gauge needles and 7Fr triple lumen catheters).
- Inject fluid around the femoral nerve in order to simulate a femoral nerve block and verify needle tip position. Injected fluids are automatically expelled allowing for repeated use
- Contains anatomically correct vascular anatomy of the right lower torso including the femoral artery, vein, and femoral nerve
- Utilize traditional anatomical landmarks for blind insertion techniques, or utilize ultrasound to obtain images of anatomical structures
- Accommodates full threading of guidewires and catheters
- Optional deep vein thrombosis (DVT) can be added to the femoral vein
- Venous and arterial fluids are easily refilled using quick-fill ports
- Three arterial pulse configurations are available; no pump, hand pump, and automated pump
- Positive fluid flow in the vessels provides users with instant feedback when vessels are accessed
- Simulated tissue matches the acoustic characteristics of human tissue, allowing the image quality you expect from imaging patients in a clinical environment
- Excellence performance utilizing any ultrasound imaging system
- Practice using ultrasound system controls
- High quality
- No special storage needs
- Patented technology
- Made in USA