Blue Phantom’s cervical epidural replacement tissue module offers users an extremely realistic and ultra-durable replacement tissue for training clinicians in the skills associated with performing anesthetic injections of the cervical and upper thoracic spine. Our cervical epidural training model offers users the ability to perform an entire spinal epidural anesthesia procedure including creating a sterile field, administering local anesthetics, and introducing needles and catheters into the epidural space. Cerebral spinal fluid is present in the model to provide the user immediate feedback to procedural complications. This exceptionally realistic training model is an excellent teaching tool for blind insertion techniques or ultrasound guided spinal epidural procedures of the upper thoracic spine and cervical spine.
Practice and teach full cervical epidural procedures using blind insertion or ultrasound guidance.
This exceptionally realistic training module contains palpable spinal processes of the upper thoracic spine and cervical vertebra and internal structures including soft tissue, cervical and thoracic vertebral bodies, the ligamentum flavum, epidural space and subarachnoid space containing cerebral spinal fluid. Users are able to inject local anesthetics as well as infuse epidural anesthetics into the model. Users will feel life-like tissue response including the pop encountered when traversing the ligamentum flavum and loss of resistance when entering the epidural space. All injected fluids and infused anesthetics are automatically expelled from the model allowing the model to be continually used without interruption. Cerebral spinal fluids that are removed from the model are easily refilled using quick fill ports.
Our self-healing tissue can withstand significant use without requiring replacement offering users a low cost of ownership.
- Ultrasound can be utilized for identification of optimal insertion points, angle of needle insertion, and determination of the depth to the ligamentum flavum, and epidural space. Blue Phantom expends tremendous efforts to accurately match the ultrasound imaging characteristics of our simulation tissue. This means that you can use any ultrasound system and never have to adjust the system settings unrealistically or have trouble imaging the model’s anatomy. No computer simulation or software required.
- Blue Phantom cervical epidural replacement tissue module
- Replacement tissue for training clinicians in the skills associated with performing anesthetic injections of the cervical and upper thoracic spine
- Superb quality and unmatched durability
- Self-healing tissue offers users optimal training at a low cost of ownership
- Perform upper thoracic and cervical spinal epidural procedures including creating a sterile field, injecting local anesthetics, introducing the needle and catheter to the epidural space, as well as infusing anesthetics
- Life-like tissue response including the pop encountered when traversing the ligamentum flavum and loss of resistance when accurately accessing the epidural space
- Utilize ultrasound or blind insertion techniques
- Excellent ultrasound imaging characteristics
- Ultrasound can be utilized to identify optimal insertion points, angle of needle insertion, and determine the depth to the ligamentum flavum, and epidural space
- Anatomically correct model includes the upper thoracic spine and cervical spinal segment, skin tissue, ligamentum flavum, epidural space, dura, subarachnoid membrane, and subarachnoid space containing CSF
- Palpation of the spinous processes provide external landmarks
- Cerebral spinal fluid provides users with immediate feedback as to procedural complications
- All injected fluids are automatically expelled and CSF is easy to replace using quick refill ports
- Superb ultrasound imaging characteristics and feels like real human tissue
- Use with any ultrasound system; no computer simulation or software required
- Compatible With: Blue Phantom Spinal Epidural and Lumbar Puncture Training Model with Cervical Epidural Option (P/N BPLP2103)
- Patented technology
- Made in the USA