Ultrasound Training for COVID-19 Lung Ultrasound in risk free environment
CAE Blue Phantom is proud to announce a brand-new Lung Model for Point of Care Ultrasound training associated with COVID-19. This model is excellent for training clinicians in the techniques associated with Lung ultrasound.
Point of Care Ultrasound (POCUS) for Lung imaging is currently being implemented internationally to further manage treatment options for COVID patients.
Blue Phantom’s Live Lung Ultrasound Training Model replicates the acoustic properties of human tissue, allowing users to develop and practice ultrasound imaging skills to diagnose key findings consistent with COVID-19 cases. Ultrasound imaging skills include; using ultrasound system controls, transducer positioning and navigation between intercostal space(s) and recognition of thoracic anatomy in a risk-free environment.
Superior anatomical realism
Anatomy includes: Lung, Chest Wall, Ribs (1-5) and Diaphragm
Pathological landmarks present in the Blue Phantom Lung model are Pulmonary Oedema, thickened Pleural Lining, diffused bilateral B-Lines, Lung sliding, Sub Pleural Consolidation and skip lesions.
As user scans inferior on the ultrasound task trainer, the Covid-19 disease findings become more progressive. 1st intercostal space represents ultrasound findings associated with a healthy individual: Thin, Regular Pleural lining, A Lines. 2-3rd intercostal space(s) depict B lines, Thick and irregular Pleural lining. 4th intercostal space illustrates Covid-19 consolidation and lesions.
Why Blue Phantom?
As access to CT and X-ray imaging modalities decrease due to overwhelming increase of patients, POCUS and Ultrasound imaging modality is being leveraged to minimize exposure to hospital staff and infrastructure.
This ultrasound training mannequin is constructed using Blue Phantom’s patented ultra-durable tissue and is extremely realistic in ultrasound imaging characteristics and feels like real human tissue. Our self-healing tissue will withstand tremendous use and will save you money by dramatically reducing the necessity for purchasing replacement parts. Constructed using Blue Phantom simulated tissue which match the acoustic characteristics of real human tissue so when you use your ultrasound system on our training models, you experience the same quality you expect from imaging patients in a clinical environment.
CAE Blue Phantom’s brand-new Lung Block Model perform well using any ultrasound imaging system configured with the appropriate transducer. This ultrasound phantom model is excellent for specialties including emergency medicine, critical care medicine, ultrasound training programs, simulation centers, medical education facilities, and ultrasound manufacturers for ultrasound education and demonstrations.
- Lung sliding powered by an automated pump
- Extremely realistic external landmarks and ultrasound anatomy of Lung
- Excellent for training physicians in psychomotor skills associated with ultrasound: knobology training, didactic skills, acquiring ultrasound images and sanitation guidelines to limit exposure
- Optimize your training with superb image quality; simulated tissue matches the acoustic properties of real human tissue
- Anatomically correct: includes Chest wall, Ribs, Lung, Pleural Lining
- Ultrasound Anatomy includes: Ribs, Rib Shadow, A lines, B lines, Thickened and irregular Pleural Lining and Consolidation
- Disease progresses as user scans inferior
- Excellent image quality using any ultrasound system
- No special storage needed
- Patented technology
- Weight: 16 pounds
- Dimensions: (LXWXH): 33cm X 33 cm X 23 cm ; 13in X 13in X 9 in
- Made in USA