Blue Phantom’s fully ultrasoundable Select Series 2 Vessel vascular access training model is a lightweight, economical training aid that will benefit any clinician in developing, practicing and maintaining the skills associated with ultrasound guided vascular access and arterial access procedures. This medical simulator assists clinicians in the acquisition and interpretation of sonographic images of blood vessels as well as developing the psychomotor skills of guiding needles to simulated vessels in the human patient. These ultrasound imaging skills include; using ultrasound system controls, transducer positioning and movement, recognition of vessels in soft tissue, and using ultrasound to target the vessels for ultrasound guided vascular access procedures.
A lightweight, economical, ultrasound training model.
Constructed using Blue Phantom’s patented ultra-durable tissue, this medical ultrasound simulator, provides extremely realistic ultrasound imaging characteristics and feels like real human tissue. Blue Phantom’s 2 Vessel vein access training model contains a blood vessel that branches into two vessels allowing the user to image the bifurcation of the vessel, track the course of the vessels, and guide needles into the targeted vessel using ultrasound imaging. Once users accurately access the vessels within the model, positive fluid flow provides the user with positive feedback that they have cannulated the targeted vessel.
As with all of our ultrasound training models, this phantom will perform well using any ultrasound imaging system configured with the appropriate transducer (recommended ultrasound transducer; high frequency linear array ultrasound probe 5.0 – 12 MHz). Our uncompromising quality allows clinicians to repeatedly practice the procedure without the high costs of replacing disposable parts. Use thousands of times without requiring replacement. This ultrasound phantom model is excellent for specialties including anesthesiology (anaesthesiology), emergency medicine, radiology, nursing, PICC nursing, surgery, ultrasound training programs, simulation centers, surgical skills centers, medical education facilities, and ultrasound manufacturers for ultrasound education and demonstrations. Excellent for beginners to learn and practice the skills associated with central line placement, vein cannulation, venipuncture, PICC lines and arterial access.
- Gain imaging and procedural efficiencies using this realistic vascular access ultrasound training model
- Ultra-durable design saves you money
- Self healing tissue
- Learn to acquire and interpret images of vessels used for venipuncture
- Contains a branched 6mm vessel that bifurcates into two individual vessels; 4mm and 6mm vessel sizes
- Positive fluid flow when vessels are accurately accessed
- Prefilled with Red Ultrasound Refill Solution (BRS180-Red)
- Easy to refill simulated vessels
- Fluid can be injected into the model to verify needle tip location (automatically expelled)
- Convex surface contour offers a scanning environment similar to human body habitus
- Use with any ultrasound imaging system with appropriate transducer
- Extremely lightweight and portable
- Includes a plastic storage container
- Practice using ultrasound system controls
- No computer simulation or software necessary
- High quality
- Patented technology
- Made in USA