Blue Phantom’s leg soft tissue biopsy ultrasound medical training model allows users to develop and practice the skills necessary to gain proficiency in using ultrasound for guided imaging procedures. Using Blue Phantom patented simulated human tissue, this very realistic and ultra-durable soft tissue biopsy phantom model is excellent for training clinicians in the psychomotor skills associated with ultrasound guided fine needle biopsy procedures. These ultrasound imaging skills include; using ultrasound system controls, transducer positioning and movement, recognition of soft tissue masses, and tumors in human soft tissue, and using ultrasound to target the lesions for fine needle biopsy.
Develop the psycho-motor skills necessary to use ultrasound to locate and target masses in soft tissue.
This medical ultrasound training phantom is constructed using Blue Phantom’s patented ultra-durable tissue and is extremely realistic in ultrasound imaging characteristics and feels like real human tissue. Blue Phantom soft tissue ultrasound phantoms contain a variety of masses that are hyperechoic, hypoechoic, and echolucent (anechoic) allowing users to gain experience utilizing a wide range of lesions as they would experience in the clinical environment. Each model contains 20 masses of varying sizes – ranging from 4mm to 11mm - allowing users to develop their skills starting with larger lesions and target smaller masses as their skills progress.
Interchangeable with multiple additional leg inserts including those with vascular access, deep vein thrombosis, and foreign body identification capability.
Excellent for new users as well as more experienced users who are refining their procedural skills, the masses in this ultrasound guided tumor biopsy training model can be accessed with needles as well as fluid can be injected into the model to verify needle tip location. Fluids are automatically expelled so that the model can be used repeatedly for training. We recommend that you utilize 18 – 21 gauge sharp, unbent needles during your training in order to maximize the self healing and ultra-durable performance of the ultrasound training model. While you are able to perform core biopsies and actually remove tissue from the tumors in the model, do this knowing that each mass can only withstand core biopsy until the lesion is destroyed which will require that you then move on to another mass located in the training model.
This medical simulation trainer will perform well using any ultrasound imaging system configured with the appropriate transducer (recommended ultrasound transducer; high frequency linear array ultrasound probe 7.5 – 15 MHz). Our uncompromising quality allows clinicians to utilize the model and repeatedly practice the procedure without the high costs of replacing disposable parts. This ultrasound phantom model is excellent for specialties including breast surgery, surgical training programs, ultrasound training programs, simulation centers, surgical skills centers, radiology, medical education facilities, and ultrasound manufacturers for ultrasound education and demonstrations.
- Soft tissue mass biopsy ultrasound training model
- Develop the psycho-motor skills necessary to guide biopsies with ultrasound imaging
- Ultra-durable design saves you money
- Self healing tissue
- Synthetic tissue will never dehydrate
- Contains a variety of masses that are hyperechoic, hypoechoic, and echolucent allowing users to gain experience utilizing a wide range of lesions as they would experience in the clinical environment
- Contains 20 masses of varying sizes – ranging from 4mm to 11mm - allowing users to develop their skills starting with larger lesions and target smaller masses as their skills progress
- Masses present in throughout the model
- Fluid can be injected into the model to verify needle tip location (automatically expelled)
- Use with any ultrasound imaging system with appropriate transducer
- Practice using ultrasound system controls
- Interchangeable with multiple additional leg inserts including those with vascular access, deep vein thrombosis, and foreign body identification capability.
- High quality
- Patented technology
- Made in USA