Blue Phantom thoracentesis replacement ultrasound tissue insert. Designed for use with Blue Phantom thoracentesis and thoracostomy training model P/N BPTT1000-1. Allows users to develop and practice the skills necessary to gain proficiency in using ultrasound to identify and guide needle and catheter insertions in the patient with pleural effusions.
The ultrasound tissue module contains the chest wall, pleural cavity, lung, atelectatic lung, ribs, and a variety of pleural effusion fluid pockets is designed for guiding the placement of needles and small catheters (18-21 gauge). Blue Phantom simulated human tissue is very realistic and ultra-durable; excellent for repeated training in psychomotor skills associated with ultrasound guided thoracentesis procedures. Small, medium, and large pleural fluid pockets provide a training environment for new ultrasound users as well as assisting more skilled users refine their guided ultrasound techniques. Positive fluid flow offers users feedback when pleural effusions are accurately accessed. The fluid is easily refilled using a quick fill luer lock. Ultrasound imaging skills include; using ultrasound system controls, transducer positioning and movement, recognition of thoracic anatomy, atelectatic lung, and pleural effusions, using ultrasound to target the appropriate fluid pockets for cannulation, and performing an ultrasound guided thoracentesis procedure. We know that gaining proficiency in using ultrasound requires practice. Our self healing tissue will allow you to repeatedly perform ultrasound guided thoracentesis procedures without giving second thought to wearing out the tissue or calculating the cost per cannulation. You can expect unmatched durability from our tissue. This ultrasound training mannequin is constructed using Blue Phantom’s patented ultra-durable tissue and is extremely realistic in ultrasound imaging characteristics and feels like real human tissue. Our self healing tissue will withstand tremendous use and will save you money by dramatically reducing the necessity for purchasing replacement parts.
At Blue Phantom we expend tremendous effort to match the imaging characteristics of real human tissue allowing you to teach and train under optimal conditions. We know that the best simulation training scenarios are requisite on users experiencing the same procedural realism as performing the procedure on patients. All of our ultrasound simulation materials match the acoustic characteristics of real human tissue so when you use your ultrasound system on our training models, you experience the same quality you expect from imaging patients in a clinical environment.
- Ultrasound guided thoracentesis tissue insert module
- Replacement tissue for Blue Phantom thoracentesis and thoracostomy ultrasound training model part number BPTT1000-1
- Ultrasound tissue module contains the chest wall, pleural cavity, lung, atelectatic lung, ribs, and a variety of pleural effusion fluid pockets
- Superb ultrasound imaging characteristics
- Palpable ribs
- Ultrasound tissue is ultra-durable; self healing tissue is extremely realistic in ultrasound imaging characteristics and feels like real human tissue
- Positive fluid flow offers users immediate feedback when pleural effusion fluid is accurately accessed in ultrasound tissue module
- Pleural fluid that is removed during thoracentesis procedural training is easily refilled using quick fill port
- Ultrasound tissues match the acoustic characteristics of real human tissue so when you use your ultrasound system on our training models, you experience the same quality you expect from imaging patients in a clinical environment
- Performs well using any ultrasound imaging system
- Practice using ultrasound system controls
- High quality
- No special storage needs
- Patented technology
- Made in USA