Blue Phantom lumbar puncture and lumbar epidural replacement tissue is for use with our Spinal Epidural and Lumbar Puncture training models (P/N BPLP2101). The LP replacement tissue insert offers users the quality and durability they expect from Blue Phantom. Extremely realistic anatomy allows clinicians to access the epidural or subarachnoid space while utilizing blind insertion or ultrasound guided lumbar puncture and lumbar epidural procedural techniques. This ultrasoundable replacement part is excellent for needle access and catheter placement.
Our realism optimizes your training.
The lumbar puncture and lumbar epidural replacement tissue module is superb in its realism and contains comprehensive anatomical structures, including skin tissue, lumbar spine, dura, epidural space, ligamentum flavum, subarachnoid membrane, subarachnoid cistern, and cerebral spinal fluid (CSF). Using Blue Phantom patented tissue technology, the LP replacement module allows users to experience an exceptionally realistic tissue response, including the “pop” when crossing the ligamentum flavum, loss of resistance while entering the epidural space, and CSF flow when the user successfully gains access to the spinal cistern. Our realism allows for full procedural training, including injecting local anesthetics, accessing the epidural and/or subarachnoid space (spinal taps or punctures), threading catheters, infusing anesthetics, and collecting manometer readings. The cerebral spinal fluid pressures can be easily adjusted to simulate various pathological scenarios.
Better training at a better cost.
The lumbar puncture and lumbar epidural tissue insert is constructed using Blue Phantom self-healing and ultra-durable tissue. Our durability provides you with better training at a better cost. Our patented tissue is superb in ultrasound imaging characteristics and provides the same tactile feedback as real human tissue. With your Blue Phantom training model and the ultrasound system of your choice, you can expect the same level of quality experienced imaging patients in a clinical environment. Blue Phantom lumbar puncture and lumbar epidural replacement insert will perform optimally using any ultrasound imaging system configured with the appropriate ultrasound transducer.
- Lumbar puncture and lumbar epidural tissue module is superb in its realism and contains correct internal anatomy – including the lower thoracic and lumbar spinal segment, skin tissue, ligamentum flavum, epidural space, dura, subarachnoid membrane, and subarachnoid space containing CSF
- Palpation of the spinous processes provide external landmarks
- Superb training platform for lumbar puncture and lumbar epidural procedures
- Excellent for blind insertion techniques or ultrasound guided spinal epidural or lumbar puncture procedures – including needle access and catheter placement
- Realistic tissue response including the pop encountered when traversing the ligamentum flavum, loss of resistance when entering the epidural space, and cerebral spinal fluid flow when the spinal cistern is accurately accessed.
- Utilize for full procedural training including injecting local anesthetics, introduce the needle to the epidural space and/or subarachnoid space, thread catheters, infuse simulated anesthetics, and obtain manometer measurements
- All injected fluids are automatically expelled and cerebral spinal fluid that is removed is easily refilled using quick refill ports
- Ultra-durable self-healing tissue is extremely realistic in ultrasound imaging characteristics and feels like real human tissue
- Use any ultrasound system and never have to adjust the system settings unrealistically or have problems imaging the model’s anatomy
- Ultrasound can be used for identification of the optimal insertion points, angle of needle insertion, and determination of the depth to the ligamentum flavum, epidural space, and spinal cistern
- Superb ultrasound imaging characteristics
- Patented technology
- Made in USA