Blue Phantom’s femoral lower torso ultrasound guided regional anesthesia and central venous access training model is excellent to train users to develop and practice the skills necessary to gain proficiency in using ultrasound for regional anesthesia procedures of the femoral nerve as well as guide catheter insertions in the femoral artery and vein. Using Blue Phantom simulated human tissue, this very realistic and ultra-durable ultrasound training phantom is excellent for training clinicians in the psychomotor skills associated with ultrasound guided regional anesthesia as well as vascular access procedures. These ultrasound imaging skills include; using ultrasound system controls, transducer positioning and movement, recognition of nerves, arterial and venous anatomy, using ultrasound to target the femoral nerves for regional anesthesia procedures, guide needles to blood vessels for cannulation, and performing vascular access procedures. The DVT option allows users to learn to identify deep vein thrombosis of the deep veins of the legs.
Practice Makes Perfect. Practice at a low cost makes perfection.
We know that gaining the psychomotor skills to perform ultrasound guided procedures requires practice. Our ultra-durable self healing tissue will allow you to repeatedly perform ultrasound guided regional anesthesia nerve blocks and central venous access procedures without giving second thought to who or when you train or calculating the cost for each training session. Whether you are learning to use ultrasound to guide needles, perform nerve blocks and vascular access procedures, or trouble shoot difficult catheter placements, you can expect unmatched durability from our nerves, tissue and vessels. Blue Phantom ultrasound training mannequins are constructed using patented ultra-durable tissue and are extremely realistic in ultrasound imaging characteristics and feels like real human tissue. Our self healing tissue will withstand tremendous use and will save you money by dramatically reducing the necessity for purchasing replacement parts.
Realism makes your training better.
Each model offers anatomically correct femoral nerve and vascular anatomy as well as anatomical landmarks of the lower torso. Users can utilize traditional anatomical landmarks for blind venous access insertion techniques, or utilize ultrasound to obtain images of pertinent anatomical structures. We recommend that users select a model containing either a hand pump or integrated pumping system because arterial pulsations can help users differentiate between arteries and veins as well as offering providing internal reference points for regional anaesthesia procedures. Positive fluid flow in the vessels provides users with immediate feedback when vessels are accessed. Simulated anesthetics can be injected into the mannequin to aid the user in learning to perform the entire ultrasound guided nerve block procedure. Injected fluids are automatically expelled so that the model can be used repeatedly for training. The color of the simulated blood fluids in the arterial vessels differ from the venous system allowing for users to easily differentiate between successful venous access procedures. Venous and arterial fluids that are removed during central catheter insertions training are easily refilled using quick fill ports. While performing vascular access central catheter procedures, internal vessels accommodate the full threading of guidewires and catheters.
Our tissue looks, feels and images like human tissue.
At Blue Phantom we expend tremendous effort to match the imaging characteristics of real human tissue allowing you to teach and train under optimal conditions. We know that the best simulation training scenarios are requisite on users experiencing the same procedural realism as performing the procedure on patients. All of our simulation materials match the acoustic characteristics of real human tissue so when you use your ultrasound system on our training models, you experience the same quality you expect from imaging patients in a clinical environment.
Use your own ultrasound system for simulation training. This medical simulation trainer will perform well using any ultrasound imaging system configured with the appropriate transducer (recommended ultrasound transducer; high frequency linear array ultrasound probe 5.0 – 12 MHz). This ultrasound phantom model is excellent for specialties including anesthesiology (anaesthesiology), cardiology, emergency medicine, radiology, surgery, surgical training programs, ultrasound training programs, simulation centers, surgical skills centers, medical education facilities, and ultrasound manufacturers for ultrasound education and demonstrations.
- Ultrasound guided regional anesthesia and central venous access ultrasound training model
- Regional anesthesia; contains the femoral nerve for nerve block training
- Central venous access; contains anatomically correct vascular anatomy of the right lower torso including the femoral artery and vein as well as anatomical landmarks of the lower torso
- Inject simulated anesthetics to verify needle tip location and to practice the entire regional anesthesia procedure
- Use repeatedly; injected simulated anesthetics are automatically expelled
- Superb ultrasound imaging characteristics; learn to acquire and interpret ultrasonographic imaging of nerves and vessels
- Self healing tissue will withstand tremendous use and will save you money by dramatically reducing the necessity for purchasing replacement parts
- Utilize traditional anatomical landmarks for blind insertion techniques, or utilize ultrasound to obtain images of anatomical structures
- Accommodates full threading of guidewires and catheters
- Venous and arterial fluids that are removed during central catheter insertions training are easily refilled using quick fill ports
- Three arterial pulse configurations are available; no pump, hand pump, and integrated automated pump
- Positive fluid flow in the vessels provides users with immediate feedback when vessels are accessed
- Simulated blood fluids in the arterial vessels differ from the venous system allowing for users to easily verify successful venous access procedures
- Tissues match the acoustic characteristics of real human tissue so when you use your ultrasound system on our training models, you experience the same quality you expect from imaging patients in a clinical environment
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) option available
- Performs well using any ultrasound imaging system
- Practice using ultrasound system controls
- Purchase includes 2 bottles of simulated blood refill solution; one red (arterial), one blue (venous). 235mls bottles
- Add optional Soft Storage Case for light transport and storage
- High quality
- No special storage needs
- Patented technology
- Made in USA